Time Sync Technologies
NTP clocks synchronize using the Network Time Protocol (NTP) over an Ethernet network to provide an consistently accurate time display. The clocks can obtain time from an internet based or local NTP server or NTP master clock. Additionally, the SNTP protocol can also be used. Network clocks are entirely maintenance-free, daylight saving changes are completely automatic. Step Global also provides PTP Grand Master clock solutions for specific commercial and inductrial applications (Please contact us directly for more information on PTP timing solutions).
- NTP clocks provide an accurate display of time by synchronizing to a local or internet based NTP or SNTP network time server.
- Clocks have RJ45 network sockets for standard CAT5 or better network cable.
- By using configurable time and DST settings, the clocks can display UTC or local time.
- Daylight saving offset adjustments are completely automatic, no operator intervention is required.
- NTP clocks provide an accurate, synchronized, time display organization-wide.
- They provide a legally traceable time reference for logging events.
- Classes and meetings start at the correct scheduled time.
- No expensive master clock is required – NTP clocks can synchronize to a local or internet NTP server.
- Clock systems are maintenance free, no operator intervention is required for daylight saving time changes.
- All clocks can be managed from a single point.
- Time zones can be configured individually to show the time in other countries.