Do you want to join a team that shapes the future?
Step Global is a fast growing organisation in the GPS/Telematic and Wireless communications industry. We develop bespoke solutions through an agile engineering approach and we value add for some of the biggest communications brands in the world. Our philosophy is simple…we build solutions for a better world.
About Step Global
Step Global provides engineered solutions for the Real Time management of mobile assets, from people thru vehicles to tools and equipment. We use a range of technologies to achieve this, 3G/4G/ISM/Wi-Fi/BLE/UHF networks, GNSS, Iridium, Video, AWS cloud services, Android mobile apps, RFID and IMU’s.
Step Global provides system level solutions by either; integrating off the shelf modules and developing software around that, or; developing new hardware modules and software to suit.
Our customers range from Government organisations, mining, healthcare, transport & logistics thru to waste collection.
This position is a full-time permanent Software Architect / Web developer with the responsibility of architecting our software products and systems for existing and new customers. As a Software Architect and Web Developer, you are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate for our products. The role also has the responsibility of providing system level guidance/assistance to the other technical teams in regard to requirements capture, integration specification, technical and configuration matters. The role has a strong customer focus and requires the ability to build relationships at the technical and commercial level.
- Architects applications (AWS based) to make them scalable, and satisfactory for end users using Service Oriented Architecture.
- Leads software team for designing customer-facing applications to deliver robust, scalable, and efficient software solutions.
- Leads database management and development.
- Leads Software Requirement Specification (SRS) derivation and maintenance.
- Needs to have good understanding of SaaS cloud offerings.
- Participation in the integration and testing of systems and / or sub-systems, in accordance with the schedule set.
- Up-to-date knowledge of new cutting-edge technologies around Mobile development, DevOps, Software Architecture, Cloud Offerings etc.
- Providing technical support and the setup of environments to facilitate the integration, testing and acceptance activities required by the program.
- Identifying risks and proposing effective solutions as per Risk Management Plan.
- Assist with the design, implementation and testing of tools for improving the quality of various processes.
You will be a highly motivated and engaged individual who has a specialization in software systems and web solutions, with the ability to communicate, present and provide sound technical assistance to the engineering manager. You will be able to demonstrate your ability to specify systems or solutions and will be comfortable working as part of a highly motivated project execution team.
You hold the following skills and attributes:
- SDLC knowledge
- Engineering or Computer Science Degree or equivalent
- AWS Platform Services
- AWS Restful API development based on NodeJS ,Mongo DB and Swagger.
- Test Driven Development knowledge
- Automation Testing Frameworks like Appium or Ranorex
- System Design and Integration experience
- Java and Android development
- Mongo DB development
- Cross Platform Mobile Development (C#)
- Linux Operating Systems knowledge
- Programming languages (C#, Java, C++, shell scripts) experience
- Knowledge of RTOS and Embedded Linux Architectures
Step Global is a equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper.