Due to an expansion of the Step Global product lines we need to add a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) that can take full technical ownership of the pre-sales and post sales activities associated with product design-ins.
Step Global is a complete solution provider from architecture level design through development of hardware and software to full ongoing service and maintenance. Step Global has earned a reputation of being able to integrate diverse technologies into full solution platforms that provide our customers with exceptional cost performance ratios.
The FAE is required to provide technical skills on the promotion and use of current products, tools and design flows, and facilitate adoption of these solutions with a variety of customer systems. The FAE works alongside the Sales team, who open the doors for business, and is required to remove technical barriers to a sale and help close business.
The responsibilities of the FAE are:
- Consult with the clients through the application of products and systems
- Provide design, testing and installation assistance. Example; you may be required to design a precision time network across a large campus, and then design a system for monitoring and reporting on the level of contents in mobile containers, to developing an API interface to a customer’s system.
- Interact closely with the technical teams at product vendors to understand the new technologies/architectures being rolled out
- Proactively come up with Proof-Of-Concept (POC) designs for various use-cases/real-time applications leveraging the latest tools and technologies available
- Assist the sales team through the pre-sales and post-sales activities
Conduct trainings for clients on latest tools & technologies (as & when needed)
- An FAE must be aware and proficient across all popular technologies/tools relevant to their domain.
- Take proactive efforts to understand the latest products, boards & tools available in the market.
- Market trends/intelligence: A deep insight into the market trends and competition is essential for the role. An FAE is expected to leverage the market intelligence while consulting the clients on their product designs.
- Sales: An FAE must understand the nuances that drive the sales and procurement decisions. They need to understand the technical needs of the customer and suggest a solution accordingly in the pre-sales period. Post-sales, the FAE must enable the customer with training on the tools and technical support (as and when required).
- Debugging: On occasions, an FAE is also called upon to demonstrating product capabilities and help resolve design issues.
- Build Expertise: Build on the knowledge & expertise gained from the previous projects to build better designs and POCs. Possessing sound technical knowledge is of utmost importance in this field. Also, it is essential to be able to strategically and effectively communicate to customers. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills along with the willingness to travel are also the qualities that employers took for in an FAE.
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Have a tertiary electronics engineering degree or equivalent.
- Have a solid basic understanding of wireless communications, CAN, RFID, GNSS and cloud computing technologies
- Have a solid grasp of RF technology as GPS and RFID
- Have an ability to capture a customers technical needs and provide a solution that you can demonstrate will add value to their business
- Have proficient verbal and written skills
- Willingness to travel
- Be self motivated with a hunger for searching out new opportunities
- Have an ability to write and present technical papers on related applications to our technologies
- Have an ability to set, manage and access your own work
- Have the right to live and work in Australia
We offer a competitive salary package with the opportunity to achieve significant incentives for over achievement on sales.
If you are interested and you do meet the criteria outlined above then please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note that applicants that do not meet the above criteria will not be considered.