Do you want to join a team that shapes the future?
Step Global is a fast growing organisation in the GPS/Telematic and Wireless communications industry. We develop bespoke solutions through an agile engineering approach and we value add for some of the biggest communications brands in the world. Our philosophy is simple…we build solutions for a better world.
Senior Electronics R&D Engineer
- New Product design and R&D focus
- IoT and AI Modules
- Dynamic fast paced working environment
Based in Melbourne’s Sth East, Step Global is a well-established developer of hardware and software products in the fields of Telematics, Wireless Data and RFID systems. Step Global will soon be releasing a new cloud based platform for providing fleet operators with a compliant NHVR Electronic Work Diary. The roadmap for this platform requires the development of a range of hardware products from IoT modules through to advanced wearable personnel safety monitors.
This role requires an experienced R&D engineer with a proven background in electronic design, both hardware and firmware and who enjoys both the technical and managerial challenges in bringing a product to market. You will be a member in a team of electronic and software engineers, including external contractors, following the design process to deliver on-time and on-budget successful outcomes.
As the Senior Electronics Design Engineer, your core responsibilities will include;
- End to end product development from concept through to testing, validation and commercialisation;
- Work within a multidisciplinary team to ensure product meets client specifications;
- Provide technical expertise in PCB design and testing from an electronics stand point;
- Manage key internal and external stakeholders from engineers to vendors and suppliers;
- A proven and demonstrated experience in embedded electronic design, both hardware and firmware, minimum of 5 years component level design
- Specific design software experience across Altium, CAD and knowledge of Solidworks;
- A solid understanding of new product design process, from requirements capture through production and support to ensure quality and reliable designs that meet specification and intended markets
- Experience in leading an electronics design project.
- Documenting requirements, specifications, test, installation, user and commissioning manuals.
- Clear understanding on Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (DFMEA)
- Standards compliance – EMC/ESD/Carrier, etc
- Project management, delivering desired outcomes on-time and on-budget
- An understanding on financial aspects of product development
PREFERRED PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXPERIENCE:
- Wireless Communications, ISM, LTE Cat M
- Wired IP Networks
- Linux based embedded solutions
- Low power design for battery powered devices
- Automotive Electronics
- RF antenna and amplifier.
It is mandatory that applicants will have higher-level tertiary qualifications in Electronic Engineering or a similar discipline, along with at least 5 years technical design experience in a commercial R&D environment. The ideal applicant will also have good mechanical aptitude and strong IT skills. You will also have a valid visa for work in Australia or be an Australian citizen.
- responsible for the development of system level applications of key products